Trailer towing training and test throughout Scotland
B+E trailer training courses in Fife,Scottish borders,Glasgow,Edinburgh,Stirling,Fife,Kirkcaldy,Perth,Dundee,Livingston,Musselburgh
B+E Trailer Test Training and Test at Livingston Test Centre
We provide quality B+E test trailer towing courses, with training tailored to meet your needs and keep your costs to a minimum. We specialise in 1 day training courses with test for experienced drivers, or multiple day courses for those with no trailer reversing experience.
The B+E car and trailer driving test
- The trailer test lasts for approximately 1.5 hours and is based on the LGV (Large Goods Vehicle) test, requiring a significantly higher level of skill than that needed to gain a normal car licence.
- The test comprises elements at the test centre and on the public road:
- Ability to complete thorough safety checks on your vehicle and trailer
- A precise and challenging reversing exercise
- A comprehensive road drive; demonstrating advanced observation, use of speed and management of space to LGV test standards
- Unhitching and recoupling, using correct procedures throughout
- Without proper training, many people fail the B+E trailer test on the standard of their road driving.
- Irrespective of your previous towing experience, we will prepare you not just for the test (if you need to take it) but to tow with skill, confidence day and safety.
- Reversing and manoeuvring training usually takes place on private ground.
- Intensive courses lasting 1, 2 or 3 days per driver are available, with the 2 and 3 day courses including the DVSA B+E trailer test on the final.
- The training format for these courses is one-to-one, though sometimes it can be benefitual to add a second driver to reduce your costs.
- Training can be conducted using your own vehicle and trailer, or we can provide a vehicle and trailer.
Contact us on 07778 184 284